Erica Anker is a writer with a career focus in arts journalism and digital media.
Berry Brand Jewelry, New York, N.Y.
Photographer October 2015 – Present
- Photographed jewelry to be featured for online retail and in print catalogs.
- Edited photographs using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Photographed jewelry as to-scale copies for sales department.
- Organized online databases.
TDR/The Drama Review, New York, N.Y.
Literary Associate Intern August 2014 – January 2015
- Prepared written material for peer review and publication.
- Edited and catalogued photos for print and digital media using Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Maintained calendar database, scheduled client meetings, answered phones, purchased supplies, and performed data entry.
Time Out Group Ltd., New York, N.Y.
Time Out New York Theater Department Intern September 2013 – January 2014
- Introduced new and original content to official website.
- Created and managed in-house and client press release information.
- Maintained online database and performed data entry.
TonyAwards.com, New York, N.Y.
Freelance Writer May 2013 – June 2013
- Wrote articles for publication online.
TheaterMania.com, Inc., New York, N.Y.
Theatermania.com Editorial Intern February 2013 – May 2013
- Wrote and copyedited articles, photos, and press releases.
- Event photographer for concerts, plays, and events.
- Provided administrative support to executives.
- Liaison between departments to ensure proper communications.
- Scheduled clients, answered telephones, organized and updated online databases, and performed data entry.
The Broadway League, New York, N.Y.
Digital Department Intern January 2012-August 2012
- Researched trends and created promotional content using social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Launched Pinterest page and used the Amazon Affiliate program to create content for social media platforms.
- Wrote, pitched, and executed digital marketing strategies and developed digital strategy for pre and post-event engagements.
- Maintained website database, content, analytics, and updated Wikipedia pages.
- Event photographer for concerts and charity functions.
- Provided administrative support and organized details for special events, meetings, and communications.
- Created and executed numerous projects using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Jedell Productions, Inc., New York, N.Y.
Hampton Sheet Magazine Intern January 2011- June 2011
- Wrote and edited articles, press releases, and photos for print and digital publication.
- Contacted potential advertisers for the magazine and official website.
- Organized and published events calendar.
- Executed clerical duties.
BroadwayWorld.com, New York, N.Y.
Online Press Intern September 2010 – December 2010
- Wrote and edited articles for online publication.
- Developed, drafted and pitched website content for digital media strategies.
- Prepared media contact sheets, media advisories, and press releases.
- Created social strategy and digital outreach.
TBR News Media, East Setauket, N.Y.
News Reporter and Photographer September 2009 – August 2010
- Wrote, edited, and provided photography for six local weekly news publications and online news coverage for the north shore of Long Island including the Village Times Herald, Port Times Record, Village Beacon Record, Times of Middle County, Times of Smithtown, and Times of Huntington-Northport.
Horse Directory Magazine, Eastport, NY,
Freelance Reporter and Photographer September 2008 – January 2010
- Wrote, edited, and provided photography for articles to be published in monthly magazine.
- Theatre Development Fund Student Arts Council Member (January 2011 – June 2013)
- Theatre Devlopment Fund Member
- The American Theatre Wing Intern Netwrok (TIN) Member
- Manhattan Theatre Club Patron
- Roundabout Theatre Patron
- The Society of Profesional Journalists Member
Hunter College President Nominee to attend the 2013 Women’s Leadership Conference.
Hunter College, New York, N.Y., October 21, 2013.
Hunter College, New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts
September 2010 – June 2014 GPA: 3.5
Major: Media Studies with a concentration in Journalism, Theater
Tisch School of the Arts – New York University, New York, NY
Master of Arts
July 2014 – May 2015 GPA: 3.7
Major: Performance Studies
|Writing, editing, photography, design, social media, event planning, interdepartmental coordination, internet research, preparing formal correspondence, scheduling, word processing, spreadsheets and database management software applications. Software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, InDesign, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, and Audacity. Designed and produced visual communications material including: business presentations, proposals, newsletters, brochures, advertisements, invitations, banners and other promotional material. Photography experience with professional 35mm DSLR camera and video production.