Erica Anker is a writer with a career focus in arts journalism and digital media.
SpotCo, New York, N.Y.
Ad Ops Manager February 2017 – June 2018
- Book and traffic all print, collateral, digital, and broadcast media for theatre accounts including Lincoln Center Theater, Kinky Boots, Pretty Woman, Children of a Lesser God, King Kong, Farinelli and the King, The Ferryman, Indecent, Sweat, and Beetlejuice.
- Manage campaign delivery to ensure all media meets targeting objectives.
- Maintain trafficking coordination through daily reports on the progress of all deliverables.
- Coordinate and execute projects using eSilent Partners, Harvest, and Basecamp programs.
- Manage third-party vendor relationships including The New York Times, Time Out New York, Fine Art Imaging, and several theatre websites including Broadway.com, BroadwayWorld, Theatermania, Playbill, Broadway Direct, TodayTix, Telecharge, and Ticketmaster.
- Maintain effective productive working relationships with various departments including production, marketing and media relations.
- Organized ticket trading distribution.
- Administration skills include: Schedule and coordinate executive calendar. Maintain phone lists, reports, records and spreadsheets. Screen and log phone calls. Input billing data. Assist in event planning.
Jerry’s International Palette Shop, New York, N.Y.
Sales Associate July 2016 – February 20178
- Provided customer service.
- Developed sales strategy and forecasts for customer/client base.
- Supported all in-store and regional promotional events.
LaMicro Theater, New York, N.Y.
Marketing Campaign Manager June 2016 – August 2016
- Provided expertise in marketing capabilities to optimize and personalize audience experience and marketing effectiveness for annual play festival.
- Developed strategic direction, planned, and executed marketing campaigns and strategies including email marketing, social media, printed collateral, and local outreach.
- Served as project leader by developing and implementing content and promotional programs that increased audience attendance and engagement.
- Created and distributed press materials including press releases and promotional advertisements.
Berry Brand Jewelry, New York, N.Y.
Photographer October 2015 – June 2016
- Photographed jewelry to be featured for online retail and in print catalogs.
- Built digital database to optimize product sales.
- Prepared sales photographs using Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Provided sales support, administrative assistance and customer service.
TDR/The Drama Review, New York, N.Y.
Literary Associate Intern August 2014 – January 2015
- Accurately prepared a variety of written materials for peer review and publication.
- Gained valuable experience using Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom software while editing and cataloguing photos for print and digital media.
- Created a highly efficient environment by maintaining the calendar database, scheduling client meetings, answering phones, maintaining supply inventory, and completing data entry tasks.
Time Out Group Ltd., New York, N.Y.
Time Out New York Theater Department Intern September 2013 – January 2014
- Skillfully managed a complex daily workload including introducing new and original content to the official website, creating and managing in-house and client press release information, maintaining the online database, and performing data entry as needed.
TheaterMania.com, Inc., New York, N.Y.
Theatermania.com Editorial Intern February 2013 – May 2013
- Provided executive support including scheduling clients, answering phone calls, organizing/updating online databases, and maintaining open lines of communication between multiple departments.
- Served as event photographer for plays, concerts, and events.
- Wrote and copyedited press releases, articles, and photos.
The Broadway League, New York, N.Y.
Digital Department Intern January 2012-August 2012
- Drove brand awareness by researching marketing trends and creating promotional content for social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Launched the organization’s Pinterest page and used managed social media strategy using the Amazon Affiliate program to create content for social media platforms.
- Enhanced branding effectiveness by developing digital strategy for pre- and post-event engagements.
- Maintained the website database, content, and analytics, as well as updating Wikipedia pages.
- Coordinated special events, meetings, and communications, and provided administrative support.
BroadwayWorld.com, New York, N.Y.
Online Press Intern September 2010 – December 2010
- Increased website traffic by developing website content and articles for online publication and to drive digital media strategies.
- Prepared media advisories, press releases, and media contact sheets.
- Improved marketing effectiveness by creating social strategy and digital outreach initiatives.
Additional experience includes Freelance Writer for TonyAwards.com in New York, NY; News Reporter & Photographer at TBR News Media in East Setauket, NY; Freelance Reporter & Photographer for Horse Directory Magazine in Eastport, NY; and Intern at Hampton Sheet Magazine in New York, NY.
- Theatre Development Fund Student Arts Council Member (January 2011 – June 2013)
- Theatre Devlopment Fund Member
- The American Theatre Wing Intern Netwrok (TIN) Member
- Manhattan Theatre Club Patron
- Roundabout Theatre Patron
- The Society of Profesional Journalists Member
- Hunter College President Nominee to attend the 2013 Women’s Leadership Conference
- Digital Media Manager for Theatre Development Fund’s Student Arts Council 2011 – 2013
- Numerous articles published on BroadwayWorld.com, Theatermania.com, and TonyAwards.com
Hunter College, New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts
September 2010 – June 2014 GPA: 3.5
Major: Media Studies with a concentration in Journalism, Theater
Tisch School of the Arts – New York University, New York, NY
Master of Arts
July 2014 – May 2015 GPA: 3.7
Major: Performance Studies
|Skills: Writing, editing, photography, design, social media, event planning, interdepartmental coordination, internet research, preparing formal correspondence, scheduling, word processing, project management, strategic planning, market research, community building, social media marketing, brand identity, media trafficking, media planning, digital media, vendor relations, spreadsheets and database management software applications.
Technology: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Audacity, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr, and WordPress.
Study Abroad: Experience includes Renaissance Art and Literature in Florence, Italy and Modern British Drama in London, England. Further travel experience includes France, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Germany, Czech Republic, and Costa Rica.